Friday, January 27, 2006

The Da Vinci Code.

Read More......

'The Da Vinci Code' is also not worth the read. It certainly did not live up to the hype. And it is not real (I thought I would remind Da Vinci fanatics of this). I didn't feel that the ending was much of a twist, really. I didn't feel shocked, or surprised; I just wasn't bothered. It was far too predictable, and the writing was poor. I also didn't like the need for so many short chapters - there are 105 in total, but many are less than two pages in length!

Obviously Dan Brown, the author, has done a lot of research for the book, some of which was interesting, which is it's merit - but only if you're interested in religion and the history of Christianity.

Many of the 'puzzles' that the characters struggled over, I found fairly simple, particularly at the beginning in the murder scene. A quick, light read for those who want something thought-provoking and that will make them appear intelligent and/or well-read, without much effort or without actually having to do much thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home