Sunday, January 28, 2007

Films!

Read More......

I saw 'Miss Potter' at the cinema last week (I think it was last week? I don't know about time anymore) and really enjoyed it. I don't know how accurate it is, but it was certainly a lovely story and ReneƩ and Ewan were great in it. It's a really nice, cozy film. Beatrix Potter comes across as an independent, strong role model and I liked that.

I bought 'Memoirs of a Geisha' on DVD a while ago, and although the first time round I didn't understand parts of it, it was a lot better when I re-watched it. It is a bit complex and it's certainly not my favourite film, but it's a nice story. The ending feels a bit rushed/cheesy though, and parts of it are certainly not very accurate as to how a real geiko/meiko would behave. But it's a decent film all the same. I now have a copy of the book, which I have yet to read, so I'll see whether that's better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home