Tuesday, March 22, 2005

"Maybe everything's changed, and maybe I stayed the same."

Read More......

Listening to: Econoline Crush - All That You Are x3

I've been told I have to update my blog more (why I don't know, when I really don't have anything much at all to say) so here's another entry.

My car's a bit scary to drive. It's much more stiff than my instructor's new Mini - the gears are stiffer and it doesn't have power steering. It also has a hole in the exhaust (nothing serious, it's just noisy) that makes it sound like a lawn mower and as though it's going to fall apart anytime soon (though it does mean you can hear me coming from miles away). Drivers here are also so much different to drivers in Bangor - they're all in a rush, and you get much more people overtaking you if you're not driving at the speed limit that you do at home (normally it's just taxi's who are like that). We also had a guy come and fit in the car alarm and immobiliser today, it's really nifty. While my Dad was showing me how it worked, I noticed that the tax disk is a year out of date. Oops.

I think I'm beginning to be more a fan of power metal (like Nightwish, Stratovarius, Iced Earth, Evergrey and Iron Maiden too, I guess) rather than heavier death metal stuff. The videos are usually quite amusing (full of overly dramatic Knights waving swords around and eagles). I can't listen to much in the way of screaming these days (I must be getting old), and Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy scares the crap out of me. I certainly wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alleyway, especially if she screamed at me. :( Although why Tarrie B doesn't scare me in the slightest, I don't know - I think it's because she sings about things I can relate to (yay angst), whereas I would be very worried if anyone told me they could personally relate to "Liquid strengths trapped in your veins, I crave your blood, you must die!"

I've done nothing of value today, really. I need to order a new student railcard from Natwest, and I haven't. I need to contact the cottage landlady and ask if it's still available, and I haven't (I've completely given up on it, and don't want to be told it's gone and be upset about losing it all over again). I need to ask the hospital about temp work, and I haven't. I need to check the state of my finances, and I haven't. I need to wash my car (as it's covered in moss and bird crap at the moment), and I haven't. Lalala. *fails at life*

I find it sad that Econoline Crush seem to have disappeared from the face of the earth. Their official site has been bought up by a search engine (I absolutely hate it when that happens), and Amazon barely recognises them anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home