Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Pope, power, Gmail.

Read More......

Gmail has upgraded everyone to 2gb without telling. And here was I thinking I was just special and had done something amazing to suddenly have "You are currently using 197 MB (10%) of your 2058 MB." at the bottom of my mailbox. Seems a bit sneaky to not let us know, I think.

My life would be much easier if I could just control everyone and make them do what I liked. I'd be much happier for it. It's frustrating to see people I know and care about making the same mistakes I did, and not listening to me when I know they're fucking up, then finding out the hard way. You could argue that that personal experience is the best way to learn, but it just makes me so frustrated when I know that I've been there and done that and that if they'd only listen, they'd be saving themselves so much pain and hassle!

I feel bad for the Pope. It seems so gory to have his photo plastering the front cover of the papers today. But at least he looks as though he's peaceful now - it sounds like he was in a lot of agony. I didn't agree with a lot of his viewpoints, and I do feel that, for someone in such a high position of power, there was a lot of good that he could've done, if only his religion had agreed with it. Such as helping women and homosexual's rights, encouraging contraception in high HIV areas to stop the situation getting worse, throwing out the priests who abused their position (and young boys). I mean, overall, I personally don't believe that's the kind of viewpoint you should be pushing onto society; in some ways, he has done much more harm than good. However, I do think that he had a huge responsibility, one that he was still dedicated to even when he could barely speak or do much at all due to the immense pain. I always thought that was unfair, you'd think he would be allowed to heal without that extra pressure and the extra duties. I don't know how he managed it. It'd drive me crazy after a while. After extra contemplation on the situation, I don't think I could cope with being a Popess after all. (Or at least not one that doesn't have holidays, just like everyone else.) The power would be nice, though. Think of all the good I could do in a position like that.

Anyway. Enough rambling. Sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home